Monday, February 9, 2009

Stockholm








pickle grafitti


At the last minute on thursday night I got the idea in my head that I was going to go to Stockholm, Sweden, and then BAM! 20 hours later I was there.  It's crazy how easy it is to travel around Europe, everything is so close!  I took the train up on friday night.  It was about 5.5 hours to Stockholm, but the train was really comfortable and the dining car had really good coffee, so I was pretty happy looking into the dark, mysterious swedish forests through my foggy window.  I met up with my friend Matt in stockholm, he also goes to risd and was working at a gallery in Stockholm for wintersession.

Saturday we wandered around the city for the whole day.  It spread out over 5 or 6 islands, so everywhere you look there's water and bridges, but it was actually pretty foggy, so I couldn't see more than a half mile in front of me.   It is a really cool city with lots of windy cobblestone streets and cafes and shops.  My only complaint is that the subway gets pretty gross and dirty on the weekends from the party people.  

On sunday we went to the Stockholm Furniture Fair, which was really cool (more later), and then I hopped a plane home.  Door to door it was only a two hour trip!  It's funny coming back to copenhagen as my home.  It's nice that I'm starting to feel more like an inhabitant and less like a visitor.  


No comments:

Post a Comment